June 25, 2009

Windows to the soul.

Reflect.

3.365.



It's a bit odd...but it's all I've got for right now. I love the way my eyes look in this shot. I've fascinated by eyes. I don't understand why parts of my nose are "blasted" out.

I was in a relly bad car accident when I was 6 and a half years old, my first Spring Break actually. We, my daisy scout troupe and I were going to a parade. Some guy was driving around drunk and high, he had taken too many muscle relaxants and decided to drive around in his brand new pick up truck. He hit us head on at around 11 am ish. I was in the middle in the back seat with one of those "lap belts" on and it didn't do much to help me when we were hit. I went forward and my face got smashed into the centre console and I was knocked unconscious immediately.

Since then I've had quite a few major operations and out patient operations. My face had to be re constructed and I lost my sense of smell. I've got a scar that goes from one ear all the way over the top of my head to the other. I think it's pretty cool but it freaks my mom out.

I always have my seat-belt on and if my friends don't have theirs on in my car then they're walking. I'm also the "permanent" designated driver but I don't mind. I'd rather my friends be safe.

Most of the time when you hear about a car accident, especially one involving a drunk driver you don't really hear much about the people who survived it. I did. This is my story.

No comments: