March 29, 2010

Finding My Way.

I feel like I've been a bad Buddhist. My past has been clouding my vision and jumbling my mind. The car accident, abuse, pain. Would letting all of this out, all the bad parts out, letting go of it all help to clear my mind? How do I do this? How do I become pure again? Do I just live by the 8 fold path? Just let everything go, don't think about what happened? Or do I let it all out, put it into words, down on paper and take the power and control away from them?

Do I just live a good life, doing what I know is right and just deal with things as they come? Letting go of them, their actions and words. Focus on my own words and actions.

What happens to this yearning, need to get everything out? What is the right thing to do? How do I become happy again?


Is happiness even in the cards? I write about it but I don't know what it feels like to be truly happy, to be truly content and at peace. 

2 comments:

Nathan said...

There's no "pure." That's a story. I've been there; it's not helpful.

I don't have any good answers to your questions, but keep asking the questions - that's the path, as far as I've seen.

Hang in there.

Kamala said...

My big brother gave me a few questions to think about and I'm working on a new post for it. I guess there's a certain..."safety"...in purity.