
17.365
It's not that black and white, it has an area that's shaded grey.
My new medication for anxiety, I can take two a day if i need to. The first time I took it, it knocked me out and made me feel pretty drowsy and out of it. It's was better then feeling agitated and nervous all day.
I'm just waiting for things to balance out.
Edit-July 10th, 2009
I've gotten into arguments with people about medication and whether or not it works. It has for me, without medicine, I wouldn't be alive. Without doctors, hospitals, anti-biotics, or any of that stuff I wouldn't be here. I was born 3 months premature and had to stay in the NICU until I had gained enough weight and was in a "safe zone", then I had to have a shunt, then I was in a car accident when I was 6 requiring major surgeries.
Without modern medicine, I would've bounced long ago. I'm thankful that I'm alive and I'm thankful for the medications I have been given.
That being said, I know some people don't like medication, they don't like feeling "not in control". I've been in such vulnerable places that I trust doctors whole-heatedly without even second guessing them. I've learned to ask important questions about what I can take while on certain medications and what I can't.
I've had friends talk to me about possibly being ADHD and wanting to get tested but afraid of the medication, I've offered to go with them for the testing just for moral support. They've politely declined but the offer still stands. I'll go with you. I don't mind. I'll wait out side or go in the office or whatever it takes to make you feel more comfortable.
I'm not meaning to pressure anyone either.
I just want my friends, on flickr and in real life, that I'm here for you.
Some times medications work and sometimes they don't.
Some people respond well, and some don't.
Some get addicted, and some don't.
But it's not black and white. It's not clear cut and I doubt it ever will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment