21 Years.
9-21-88
Today was my 21st birthday. The picture above is me with my Uncle Fred when I was about 1 or so. He passed away from AIDS when I was 10. I miss him a lot, especially during holidays because he and my other relatives would come and visit. For a while every birthday was held at a skating rink and I would get rewarded for skating around the entire rink with an air-head candy. I remember my friends and I trying to hide from the camera and trying to sneak candy. I'd put my hands over my ears when they all sang "Happy Birthday" because it wasn't really singing, it was screaming.
After a while the excitement about birthdays began to die down and it was just a number. My 18th birthday was amazing. I hung out with my friends and we went to Cosmic for dinner. We hung out on Ninth Street and played video games in the laundry mat. It was a great night. I'll never forget it.
92.365
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Thanks. :)
Post a Comment