Whenever I think of silence I think of the moment right before I begin a form and bow my head taking a deep breath in and exhaling slowly counting to 4. Closing my eyes I concentrate on my breathing and heart rate. Everything is calm. I can feel myself relaxing and letting go, becoming one with the moves. It's like breathing for you isn't it? After 14 years of training it has become second nature. I remember watching the older kids who were all brown and black belts wishing I could move like them, so agile and yet with so much power. I was still a white belt, a beginner, and moved clumsily tripping over my pant legs which were much to big for my 5 year old frame.
Martial Arts became my second home and where I felt the safest and myself. I gained confidence as I progressed and moved up through the belt rankings, when I got home I'd fold my old belt up carefully and place it on my shelf with the others. There was a sense of pride and accomplishment that I never really felt anywhere else.
2 comments:
blog changes look good!
Thanks. My cousin found some cool designs after starting his and forwarded them to me...he knew I was trying to find a new look. I love the ocean.
Post a Comment