April 12, 2010

Happiness.

I think I've been going about this happiness, thing all wrong. I've been trying to use definitions given to me by dictionaries and wikipedia, by friends and random strangers. Happiness is simple, it's pure. It's not complicated or something that needs to be thought out or planned.

Happiness is spending time with my big brothers.
Happiness is finishing a great book and not caring that you spent the whole day reading.
Happiness is skating with friends.
Happiness is snowboarding on fresh powder, totally in the zone.
Happiness is being called up in front of your karate class and advancing to the next belt.
Happiness is laughing at inside jokes with your friends.
Happiness is walking your dog as he checks to make sure you're still following him wagging his tail.




Happiness is possible. 
Happiness is within reach. 



2 comments:

Nathan said...

yeah, screw the dictionary - you're right on!

Kamala said...

Thanks Nathan! I was definitely thinking waaaaay too hard about it and making it super complicated. I guess I was afraid of "being wrong" but...with happiness, there really isn't a right or wrong.