58.365
Today was interesting. It went pretty well I suppose, I was going to do my tribute to Abe shot today but nothing was coming out the way I wanted it too.
This morning I met with the people in ODS (Office of Disability Services) and my mom went with me. She says she's not a helicopter mom but in a way she kind of is. She's trying not to be, but the thing is, I need the support and guidance still.
And Ryan's right, my birth mom doing a shit ton of drugs and drinking and OD'ing when she was pregnant with me is bothering me.
A lot.
I've got to remind myself that not everyone's mother/birth mother has done the same thing so I can't compare myself to everyone else when it comes to academics.
But it's difficult and I expect a lot from myself so I get upset easily when I see I'm not where I want myself to be. Not where I expect myself to be when it comes to academics or whatever.
Besides that my mom was finally able to get some information from the people running the ADHD clinic, I found out I was accepted back in at UNCG and now I'm playing phone tag with advisors so I can sign up for classes.
I'm counting on tomorrow being a better day.
I should be more excited about being accepted back in at UNCG but now I'm just terrified I'm going to screw up. I plan on taking 12 credit hours which translates into 4 classes. 3 of these hours will be me auditing ASL (American Sign Language) because I took ASL 2 last fall semester.
I hope this plan works.
No comments:
Post a Comment